Deliciously ripe peaches stuffed with amaretti biscuits and almonds and baked until juicy. This works with ripe peaches or unripe ones, just cook the unripe peaches for a little longer until softened. Plums work just as well, double the quantity of plums as they’re usually smaller
Ingredients: for 4 people
4 peaches or nectarines, halved and pitted, skins left on
4-6 amaretti biscuits
2 tablespoons ground almonds
40g light muscovado sugar
2 teaspoons Divine or other good quality cocoa powder
25g unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons moscato wine or amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200oc/gas mark 6.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the pit or stone.
- Grease a deep-sided baking dish and place the peaches, cut side up, in a single layer in the dish.
- Crumble up the biscuits and add to the mixing bowl along with the almonds, sugar, cocoa powder, softened butter and 2 tablespoons of wine or liqueur if using, mix well until it forms a paste. If you have a mini food processor your can put the rest of the ingredients in this and whizz it to a paste.
- Stuff the hollow in the peaches with the almond mixture
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until softened. AGA – start off in the roasting oven for 10 minutes with the shelf on the oven floor then transfer to the simmering oven for 20-25 minutes until the fruits is soft. Serve at room temperature with mascarpone cheese or ice cream.